Sunday, January 11, 2015

3301-01-11: The tables are turned

Flush with confidence from yesterday's successful attempts at combat, I consider whether piracy might be an interesting supplement to my usual staples of trade and exploration.

I'm in Bhritzameno, one jump from Altair, in supercruise from the star to the nearest starport, when I think to myself "hey, the nearby gas giant is right between the star and the port; its gravitational effect will slow pilots down as they approach the station, which makes it a perfect place to hang out and look for targets sometime".

10 seconds later, as I'm slowing down to approach the port, I'm the one being interdicted by a hostile CMDR. I'm pulled into combat with a hostile Cobra, guns blazing behind me. I deployed my guns and tried to get him in my sights, but my maneuvering skills are apparently pretty poor, as I was unable to get a good bead on him at any point. With my shields about to fail, I pulled my guns back in and re-activated my FSD, trying to run away. Unfortunately, my evasive maneuvering skills are pretty poor, so he was doing me a lot of damage... and in my rush to get away, I punched the wrong controls and turned my FSD back off again. Welp! ... and kaboom.

Combat record against other CMDRs so far: 3 wins, 1 loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment