Saturday, January 10, 2015

3301-01-10: Mostly Harmless

I've bought some beefier armaments than the stock Cobra Mk. III lasers, and spent a bit more time hunting criminals with bounties. The Pilot's Federation has upgraded me from Harmless to... Mostly Harmless. :)

--

Now that I've got some spare credits banked, and a not-laughable combat setup, I'm curious at trying my hand in combat against other CMDRs. I fit a FSD Interdictor to my Cobra, which can pull targets out of supercruise and into normal space, where we can fight. I want to find commanders in Anarchy systems, or ones with no population -- so that I can shoot at them without receiving a bounty.

I find one CMDR in a Sidewinder and use the FSD Interdictor to pull it out of supercruise. Frankly, this CMDR didn't put up much of a fight... or much of a run. It was a short engagement that ended with the Sidewinder going "boom".

Soon after I found a different CMDR, also in a Sidewinder. This CMDR put up a better fight, doing a good job of using the Sidewinder's maneuverability to keep out of the way of my guns (all of which are forward-facing). He managed to get about halfway through my shields, but simply couldn't hold out against the Cobra's greater firepower, and also went "boom" after a couple minutes.

My third and final engagement was a more fair fight -- at least on paper -- against another CMDR in a Cobra. Frankly though, he put up less of a fight than the second Sidewinder; it wasn't too long until I'd melted his shields off and was pounding on his armor too. Unlike the previous two, he at least tried to run, but didn't manage to charge his FSD and jump out until it was already too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment